The Orange Bird of Paradise (Strelitzia Reginae) is a very lush and easy to care for and its large, structural leaves bring style and grace to any setting. Bird of Paradise exhibits tall stalks carrying broad green leaves with a glossy finish and often produces new leaves. It is common for older leaves to tear and curl over time. Bird of Paradise may not always flower when kept indoors.
- Care Level: Beginner
- Light: Prefers bright, indirect/ directly light; Can cope for periods in partial shade but needs bright light longer term. Some morning or late afternoon sun is fine
- Water: Keep the soil moist (not soggy) during warmer months and water when the top 4-5cm of the soil has become slightly dry. During the colder months, allow the soil to dry out a little more. Do not allow the plant to sit in water as this will cause root rot. Like most houseplants, it's best to water your plant at room temperature or lukewarm water
- Ideal Temperature: Prefers warm temperatures from 21-28°C but can cope with as low as 13°C
- 12” diameter pot – 4 to 5ft tall (including pot)
- 14” diameter pot – 5 to 6ft tall (including pot)
The price is for plant only. If you would like to add a basket or a planter, please contact us and we will let you know what we have available.
If you are not sure which plant would work for your space, please message us and we will be happy to help you choose the best plant!
Those plant photos are illustrative. You will receive a similar plant and not this exact one. If you would like to know the details and photos of the plant you will adopt, just shoot us a message and we can happily send it to you!
*Tax and shipping will be added at checkout
**All plants are final sale